Graduation 2021 Information
April 23, 2021
Dear Senior Parent,
On behalf of the faculty and administration of the Red Oak Community Schools, I wish to extend my heartiest congratulations to you and your child on their forthcoming graduation. This is certainly a “big moment” in your child’s life and I am sure you are extremely proud of your child.
So that you as parents are well acquainted with how the end of year and commencement procedures will be conducted this year, I am enclosing an information sheet for you. In order to check out for this school year, all monies owed to the school must be paid. Hopefully, this will be helpful in making all activities proceed with the smoothness necessary for such an important event.
Graduation will be held on Sunday, May 23, 2021, at 2:00 p.m. at the Red Oak Jr-Sr High in the Orange Gym. With COVID restrictions, we are asking everyone to wear a mask. Masks will be strictly enforced due to the expectation of a full gymnasium.
If you have any questions, please call the office at 623-6610.
Mr. Nate Perrien
END-OF-YEAR FOR GRADUATING SENIORS
CHECK OUT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Check-Out will be Wednesday, May 19th . Students with last names A-L should report to the Media Center at 12:20 p.m. and students M-Z should report at 12:50 p.m. Students should have their computer shut down, bag cleaned and wiped down.
PLEASE MAKE ARRANGEMENTS WITH YOUR EMPLOYER TO ATTEND.
YOUR CAP AND GOWN
- If you wish to have pictures taken of yourself dressed in your cap and gown, please have them done before Commencement.
- Gowns may need steaming before the ceremony. BE SURE TO FOLLOW CARE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE GOWNS CAREFULLY SO THEY ARE NOT DAMAGED!
- The cap should be placed on the head so that the mortarboard is level. The front of the cap is indicated on the inside of the cap.
- When you replace your cap, grasp the tassel and the mortarboard together so that the tassel will be in the correct position.
- Girls do not remove their cap at any time.
- Everyone is to wear the tassel over the right temple. When the entire class has received diplomas and the class is “presented” to the audience, the class will (as a group) shift the tassel to the left side.
- Please write your name inside of your cap. When/if you toss your cap DO NOT try to retrieve it. We will collect your caps and return those with names in them.
- Students qualifying for Honors or Distinction cords-- they will be handed out during graduation rehearsal and are the students to keep.
- What to wear under the gown:
- Girls will find it more practical to wear a simple style, lightweight dress without a high neckline. Dress is not to show under the gown.
- Boys should not wear a jacket under their gowns. A shirt and tie should be worn. A white shirt with a dark tie would probably look best.
Black socks should be worn.
J. Flowers or any other ornamentation must NOT BE WORN ON GOWNS OR HATS.
Below is a schedule for the week of May 17th – 21st:
SENIORS: YOU MUST REPORT TO ALL CLASSES MAY 17, 18 & 19TH
SENIOR CHECKOUT—Wednesday, May 19th :
Seniors should report to all classes on this day. The office will then call seniors with the last name A-L down to the Media Center beginning at 12:20 p.m. to begin the check-out process. At 12:50 p.m. seniors with the last name M-Z should come to the Media Center. Please make sure your computer is shut down, bag cleaned and wiped down. All fines will need to be paid at this time along with items returned to teachers and coaches. Please make arrangements with your employer in order to attend at the above times.
SENIOR GRADUATION REHEARSAL—Thursday, May 20th 8:30 a.m.:
We will begin rehearsal as soon as everyone has arrived and completed the check-out process. Students should report to the auditorium and wait for rehearsal to begin. We cannot start rehearsal until every senior is in attendance.
With everyone’s cooperation, this will be a smooth process.
Congratulations class of 2021!!